Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Healthy Happy New Year!


Isn't everyone supposed to make a renewed resolution to exercise more, eat healthier, focus on what's most important, be a better person etc. etc... Well, check out my new under desk bike! It has nothing to do with a new years resolution, but it seemed to coincide (more or less) with the new year and so I thought I'd post about it. You may be thinking to yourself "Wowzers! How do I get my hands on such a contraption?" Well my friends, you can get a beauty like this for under $30 at any geriatric website! Ha ha, I'm not kidding! I got this from healthyliving.com or activeliving.com (can't remember which), but the whole site was devoted to old folks. I got it shortly before Christmas, and have been able to use it at work...success! Now I'm not saying that I race the Tour de France or anything, it's just something to help keep me more active while just sitting all day!

Now, on to the New Years bit. I have to say that it is SO hard for me to want to stay up to ring in the new year (call it the geriatric soul inside me). David and I had a quiet night at home watching movies, I didn't think I'd actually make it to midnight, but I did... it was very uneventful and I was SPENT today because of it!! I'm convinced that I wasted all my good energy in college pulling all-nighters like no one's business.

2012 was a great year for us, not without it's challenges, but over all wonderful. Our little Malarie has changed our lives for the better and these past 6 months have flown by.

She is the cutest little thing and we so look forward to all the many memories we will have with her this coming year (and the new tax break is just an added bonus)!

If you look closely, you can now see her 1st tooth. She's also getting her second right next to the first! We also found Malarie's first rifle while we were at Scheels this weekend:
 
So much fun, we are going to have such great adventures.

David and I were joking about what the other's new year's resolution should be. David said to me "Your resolution is to not be a dragon lady to me in 2013" to which I replied "I'd LOVE to have that be my resolution, but whereas 2013 is the year of the dragon that isn't going to happen". Ha ha! This year is going to be GREAT!!



1 comment:

  1. Haha! I love that you have that under your desk at work!

    ReplyDelete