Sunday, January 6, 2013

Busy Saturday

Yesterday we went to my mom's house to celebrate her and my younger brother, Brady's, birthdays (his is on the 4th and hers on the 5th). I made a german chocolate cake (mom's fave). Friday night on the way home from a wedding reception, I had David run into Harmon's to get the cake mix, frosting, and a tiny carrot cake for Brady (he doesn't like german chocolate, and whereas I don't like carrot, he only got a smidgeon, and I wasn't willing to make a full cake- I'm really nice, I know) while I stayed in the car with Mal since she was fast asleep. Flash forward to lazy Saturday morning, and I decide around 11 am to make the cake (we were meeting at mom's at 1), I start getting the mix and frosting out of the bag when I see that the cake mix is sugar free? Oh, no! This is going to be an awful disaster... I know, I won't tell anyone it's sugar free until after they've had a bite. David came in the kitchen and I asked "Sweetie, did you mean to get a sugar free cake mix?" as I'm holding up the box for him to see (I knew there was no way he meant to do it). He got a little deflated and said "Oh, no, I just saw that (the Pilsbury logo) and that (the flavor of the cake which was devil's food)" to which I replied "You didn't notice the MUCH larger letters in between saying sugar free?" We both laughed. We're at the party and I'm getting ever anxious for the cake, as we all got our respective pieces and start eating, my mind was BLOWN!!! The cake was delicious, and by delicious I mean there was absolutely no difference in taste.... my mind was at ease and then I dropped the bomb to everyone. Mom thought I was kidding for a bit, but it was true the cake was sugar free! Yum, although I still won't buy sugar free moving forward because I feel like artificial sweeteners aren't the best for you. However, if you're interested, try it, it's surprisingly delicious. As my birthday is on the 13th mom and Max gave me my birthday present early... a year membership to Elase Spa (which is a school), but basically I get to go in once a month and get a facial, pedicure or other treatment that I choose from my list for free (well, not free, they paid for it for me) so this year will be a year of pampered bliss!!

Then since CeCe is in town, a girl's night was in order! 
Sheena, Kristin, CeCe and I went to the Cheesecake Factory for some good food and even better company (we missed Emily and Kayla)! I love these girls and although we don't get together often, it is always SO fun when we do! You ladies rock! It was so funny because Sheena got there first and then CeCe and I arrived and we were waiting in their TINY waiting area where you are always in the way no matter where you are standing. So Sheena backed up and stood in the midst of this tree thing they had in the corner so we all could get a little out of the way. We thought it was a great idea and felt a little less in the middle of everything. Then when Kristin got there she called because she didn't see us up front and had made her way toward the back. I told her where we were and she quickly met up with us. She said that she should've seen us because as she was walking in some guy was talking about how funny it was "that the tall one was in the tree"! I thought that was hilarious! They probably thought that the short one (yours truly) was a jerk for making the tall girl be in the tree when I wouldn't have even been affected by it at all. Ha ha! It was a great night. I can't wait to visit Cece in Grenada or for the next girl's outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment